Re: Toaster Repair

I'm still waiting for a toaster that does what I thought (naively) my

> first ever "electronic" toaster did, which was to watch the colour of > the bread as it changed.

That shouldn't be very hard to do. The HARD part would be getting people to pay for it when ones that do an "adequate" (rather than great) job can be bought for $10-$20 and thrown away when they break.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Aldi just had a toaster with infra red tubes that is quicker. They had it for $60, and every aldi still had piles of them 5 weeks later. Almost no one bought them. They reduced them to $20 and sold the lot in a day. The trouble with quicker is very soft centered toast. They did have a button for hard toast which cycled on and off for a long time

Reply to
F Murtz

Exactly, people will buy at the right price, but that may not be profitable for the manufacturer.

Pity I missed out then, I prefer soft centred toast.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T