Re: Mabuchi FC-280PC/SC 12V DC motor

Yes, I too require the same 12V motor for a door lock actuator. I've
been surfing around a bit but have been unsuccessful in locating a
supplier. Has anyone made anyprogress?

Re: Mabuchi FC-280PC/SC 12V DC motor
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:38:26 +1100, Franc Zabkar

Drop in to your local RC hobby store or do some surfing. May not be
the most inexpensive option, but then again they don't have $100
minimum either...

Repairing something? If the original motor is not completely fried
perhaps it can be fixed with brushes from "close enough" spare and a
drop of oil to brass bearing/sliding surfaces.

Re: Mabuchi FC-280PC/SC 12V DC motor
finger to keyboard and composed:

Most RC applications appear to require 6V, 7.2V, or 9.6V batteries,
not 12V. Furthermore, a replacement for the subject 12V motor needs to
be of exactly the same dimensions in order to fit into a moulded
casing (there are no mounting screws). As for replacing the brushes,
that is an option, if I can find a suitable brush holder assembly. The
motor is exhibiting insufficient torque and shows a consistent 8 ohms
resistance (IIRC) when rotated through a full 360 deg. In any case I
believe the customer has already ordered a new assembly.

Thanks for your interest.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Mabuchi FC-280PC/SC 12V DC motor

These look like the sort of motors that couldn't be given away a few
years ago. Does someone like Truscotts in Croydon, Vic have them amongst
their junk?

No good looking for a website other than finding a phone number.

Kevin Martin

--
To Reply, delete what is "Not Required" in abbreviated form

Re: Mabuchi FC-280PC/SC 12V DC motor

All Truscott's junk went to Pete's Bargain Centre near Oban Rd
in Ringwood a couple of years ago. Some of it's still there.

Clifford Heath.

Site Timeline