Power adaptor

Hi all,

Just wondering when selecting a AC/DC power adaptor, should the amperage of
the adaptor be bigger or lower than the required ampreage of the equipment
required?

eg To power a Discman, and it required 4.5V DC, 200mA.  Can I use a power
adaptor with an amperage of 500mA?

Thanks in advance.

eltan

Re: Power adaptor

higher is better.

Re: Power adaptor

**Usually, yes. If using a higher current capacity adaptor, I suggest you
ALWAYS choose one which is labelled "REGULATED".

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Power adaptor

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:37:14 GMT, "Trevor Wilson"

I second that  FULLY !

you can use an adaptor with a higher current rating than is needed by
the load.  I would recommend buying one that is slightly higher than
the load regardless, so as to have a bit of a margin for error.

Re: Power adaptor

Thanks to all who reply.

of

Site Timeline