OT rant, iphone

Not if you take the battery out.

Reply to
F Murtz

Strange you are having so much hassle - my 8 yr old grandkid manages to download apps and music to her iPod and my iPhone without problems. I guess you could hire her as a consultant to teach you how to do that sort of thing if the money was right.

David

Reply to
David

The reality is that kids of your granddaughter's generation are whom the iGizmos are aimed at - impressionable young things who think along the lines of social media and shopping centres, who aren't burdoned with old-fashioned business logic.

My daughter has an iPhone, which she (in her own words) "loves to hate." My sons and I all have Androids and wouldn't touch an iThingy with anything other than a mallet.

There're plenty of work-arounds available online to get around the limitations Apple has imposed on the iPhone, but alas most of them involve "jailbreaking" the device - which, because of Apple's licencing model (you purchase the right to use it; you don't actually purchase the physical product itself), means your warranty will be permanently revoked.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Actually, you do purchase the physical product.

That is not the case. It *may* be invalidated, but this relates to damage caused by unapproved software.

That's as far as Apple take it, "warranty may be invalidated by jail breaking". Not will, but may.

--
Cheers,
Paul Saccani

Gee reckon at 69 I must be still a kid then as I have no hassle using my iPhone, iPad, or MacBookPr

David

Reply to
David J Ross