Needing Help! SAE Two A-14 audio amp

My electronics tech is having trouble fixing an SAE Two stereo
amplifier
model A-14. It has no audio output. If he shorts across the speaker
output
circuit protection relay the audio works fine. No tell-tale thump
noise. He
has a good service manual but can't track down what the problem is.
Does anyone know what the problem may be specifically? It was
repaired
for the same problem by another tech and the repair didn't last long.
I do
know that 4 ohm speakers are a no-no. He's testing with headphones or
8
Ohm speakers. Sure would appreciate some help here. Please, no advice
on how to clean the relay.Does anyone know where I can get this relay
in
case that is the problem? Please eMail me directly at
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net.
Harvey

Re: Needing Help! SAE Two A-14 audio amp

" My electronics tech is having trouble fixing an SAE Two stereo
amplifier model A-14. It has no audio output. If he shorts across
the speaker output circuit protection relay the audio works fine.
No tell-tale thump noise. He has a good service manual but can't
track down what the problem is. "

** The answer is simple -  replace your tech.

BTW

Despite the famous US brand name,  " SAE Two " series amps were made in
Japan in the late 70s early 80s.

I used to service a *lot* of SAE amps back then, ie Mk 3s and Mk 4s along
with 2200s and 2400s plus a few stereo pre-amps and 1/3 octave graphic eqs
that used toroidal inductors  -  but all these were US made models.

......   Phil

Re: Needing Help! SAE Two A-14 audio amp

So it appears the problem is only in the protection circuit, and he still
can't fix it?

MrT.

Site Timeline