Homebuilt laser cutter pictures - Page 2

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Hi Par, thanks for your comments.  The machine does cut slowly, maybe 10
minutes per 3mm thick sample that you can see in the pictures.  Faster for
thinner plastic.  I haven't tried PCB.  I think this wavelength of laser
beam is reflected by copper.
Cheers, Tony

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Thanks for the photos, what I could see anyway. A bit slow of the dialup
conenction. (Would have ADSL if I could).

Might I suggest an index file first instead of huge pictures all on one
page.

Cheers,

Andy S
remixreality.zor.org

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Thanks Andy.  Over time I'll make the pages more "dial up friendly".  The
first pass of the site was done very quickly.  I'll also be adding some more
details of the construction.
Cheers, Tony

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Find your self a copy of Name web editor , much easier ..

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Nice work. Can I borrow it?   :-)

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Thanks Heywood.  Are you in Sydney?  I can hire it to you:)
Cheers, Tony

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

1/ What other materials will it cut other than plastics?

2/ Are you gonna make one with the Z axis?

3/ Would it still work if you used a green bucket instead of blue? :)

Re: Homebuilt laser cutter pictures

Hi Moses.  1/ I have not tried a great range of materials.  Works very well
with acrylic and polystyrene foam.  Does not appear to work well with
aluminium or galvanised metal.  2/ The Z axis is the laser power.  There's
also scope for adding computer controlled lens focus to the Z-axis.  It may
also be possible to add more axes, to move the laser head to different
angles.  3/ Do you prefer green?:)
Cheers, Tony