Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

I have a two digit 7-seg LED module.  Ten pins, so I presume it is 2*BCD +
power. Only markings are ELT-D4014AW on the side and on the pcb (visible through
the epoxy fill) 4201E/F and SB (or S8).

Any clues as to pinout?

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

I should have added that I have googled for the full part number as well as bits
of it, but no hits relevant to the part.

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

through
bits

Could be 7 segments + decimal point + 2 kathodes/anodes, I haven't seen
them having decoders built-in. It's easy to find out with multimeter.

Tom

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

through
bits

Most likely that. I have seen them with decoders in though

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

through
bits

Yep, most likely that.
Most likely not a decoder one with 10 pins.
Can you see the common track through the epoxy?

Here is the pinout for a SIL version:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/47345.pdf

Dave :)

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

through
bits

Hi Dave

All the cattledogged doubles I found were 18-pin direct drive types.  But we're
winning now.  This is muxed, and I have identified the two anodes and seven
segment cathodes.  But the DP's don't illuminate at all - pin 2 (otherwise
unaccounted for) is open to all others.  Presume dead.

Tnx to all.

Peter

Re: Help IDing a two-digit 7-seg LED

through
bits

7segs x 2 digits, total 10 pins.  Nope, it has to be iether muxed or decoding?

There are quite a number of single digit types with on-board decoding.  Based on
the pin count, I am expecting this is decoding too.  That's the main reason I
haven't attacked it with the meter ....

Site Timeline