Fibre - Page 2

Re: Fibre

Yes it was.

That is for a different reason. When you use the 046 line,
you can call more places further away from Sydney proper
for a local call charge than you can when you use the 02
line. Same with the 02 line, that allows you to call more
places north of sydney for the cost of a local call.

Only because you pay extra per month to get that.

Re: Fibre
What you say is true for *Neighbourhood Zones*. Different system applies
for 0xx zones.

--

Xeno

First they ignore you,
Re: Fibre

That's not true. When that was across the road, it was still a local call.

I do use them for mobile, or more strictly amaysim who resells them.

The NBN is being done by contractors.

Didn't get that with the recent FTTN installation.

When I was building my house in the very early 70s,
the buggers would keep digging up the street with every
new phone service, always on Saturday at overtime rates.

Mine was fine. I have had a couple of failures in those 45 years
now,  but all were back in the exchange, not the street lines.

And one of them was fixed by a contractor on saturday morning too.

And they did a free diversion to my non telstra mobile while it was down
too.

Yeah, some faults like spurs can remain for ages until
someone with a clue works out what the problem is.

Re: Fibre
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 03:58:54 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Didn't aply to me in Campbelltown?

Now with NBN freecalls becoming a norm, something must change even
better?

Who is doing Turnbulls FttN copper to home?

This was the culture of Telecom in those days.

That's when they came to my place when it was raining to say to wet to
dig. Then you would see the truck with digger parked near the pub.

Nothing to congratulate Telcome in my area.
All flamproof couldn't be fired!

Pissed me off and I'm not the only one.
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre

Yes it did.

That is not correct. You pay extra per month for that.

What ?

Dunno, ours used largely unmarked Avis rental vans.

The bigger trucks used to dig the holes that the nodes
are above, in the green metal boxes, were also unmarked,
presumably also rented.

Yeah, contractors make one hell of a difference.

Yeah, there will always be some stuck with them.

Just went out to talk to the monkeys in Telstra van
parked in the main street this morning. He said that
those they signed up yesterday when it was there
got a start date of 3 Jan for their FTTN service.

Re: Fibre
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 14:33:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Rod.
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre

Thanks, same to you and all the other denizens in here.

Re: Fibre
For $40 a month you can get all local, national, and mobile calls
from your Telstra mobile.

--
I call shenanigans on all theistic religions

Re: Fibre

I can get that for $25 a month.

Re: Fibre

With my existing bundle all calls are timed.

Re: Fibre

Well depending on who you sign-up with and what bundle you choose,
very likely timed calls will be dead.
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre

I have just signed up for timed non local calls,
because I call using voip which is untimed.

Re: Fibre
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 19:19:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Does that include mobile calls nationally?
Most I call use mobile phones not landline so it was an advantage to
get mobile calls included in package.
Plus I wanted the 1000 gig data and the Telstra video (which does not
come off my data count/use).
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre

No, the voip doesn't.

Sure, but most have unlimited calls to mobiles with the mobile.

I went for unlimited data. Didn't cost any more,
$60 a month with 100/40, with myrepublic.net

There are various levels of included calls for an
extra cost per month with that, $20/month with
unlimited calls to national landlines and mobiles.

Not very attractive to me, I would be better to
go with the amaysim $25/month plan and get
unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles that
way and be able to do that when not at home.
I make the absolute vast bulk of calls to mobiles
when out and about on the garage sale run.

Currently I'm on the pay as you go with amaysim
and mostly only pay $10 a month or so for all
calls, texts and data. Most of those I call for other
than short mobile calls have unlimited calls to
mobiles so they just call me back when I call them.

Re: Fibre

I have 1000 gig data plus all local national and mobiles plus
Telstra TV for $99 a month. My connect speed is 12 Mbs.
Does that sound reasonable?

I call shenanigans on all theistic religions

Re: Fibre
On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 18:29:21 +1100, Lucifer Morningstar

Same deal I have but FttN so getting what was promised with ASDL
resullts from
http://www.speedtest.net

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50667687/speedtestFTTN.png
Before FttN
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50667687/speedtestTelstra.png
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre

Good speed now but FTTP would be better.

--
I call shenanigans on all theistic religions

Re: Fibre

Nope, I will have unlimited data, no included calls, for $60
I should get a connect speed of around 80Mbs, maybe higher.

Re: Fibre
On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 19:28:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Would like to see what speed you do end up with.
Basically all one is getting is a working ASDL connection as your
copperwire is nearer house.
--
Petzl

Re: Fibre