Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

Hi all,
I'd like to know if anyone has been able to succesfully and easily obtain a
refund from dealextreme?
I ask as I bought an oscilloscope on dealextreme last moth (yes, August) and
still waiting for it to be despatched. In fact, I'm still waiting for them
to purchase it from their supplier. I was unable to cancel the order via the
website, I had to "contact" them using their correpsondence ticket system.
With no luck there I put in a dispute with paypal. Now they are willing to
refund but want me to close the paypal dispute, which I'm reluctant to do as
you cannot re-open a dispute on a transaction if you close the dispute.

When I placed the dispute I got an automated message from dealextreme saying
they would refund the monies but the amount was about $10 or so less than
the purchase price.

Anyone got monies back from them? I think I should just elevate the dispute.

Thanks
Greg

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

Thats what Paypal is supposed to be for :-)

--
Rheilly P

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?
I can't say paypal is of any use at all
  I use paymate with good results in dozens of ezchanges

--

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?
I once ordered a $50 locksmithing tool once and received a $90

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?
On Sep 25, 7:31A0%pm, "gcd"

Don't close the Paypal dispute, there is a mechanism in there for you
to claim a refund and for them to agree with it.
Its a scam by the seller to leave you out on a limb and no refund.  I
refused to close the dispute and insisted on a refund via
the paypal process. I got it.  I would also calculate and add credit
card interest for the period also in the claim.

 If they are unprepared to give the full refund, then go to your
credit card company and get a charge back.

Note that there are time limits on these, but I found with the ANZ, or
was it Virgin ?  that with mail order/overseas
purchases is that the time limit starts from the TIME the item was
EXPECTED to be received, not necessarily the transaction date, so if
Sea Mail was supposed to be used for a bulky item, then you gain
another 3 months. (or whatever it is).

I would fill out the forms, and take them to your local branch of that
bank and get them to forward them and maybe get confirmation.
This will ensure that they can't lie about "we didn't receive them".

I found this one out when an item that was supposed to be shipped from
Canada didn't arrive and I pushed the card company. Paypal have a 2
month limit and are useless in this situation.

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

$10 less. that sounds like theft to me.
there is no reason not to refund the full amount, if they are unable to supply
the goods.
I would escalate it with paypal.

Trouble with dealextreme is they save money by not communicating.

Of course, paypal has been just as guilty over the years. I hope they have got
better recently, but I laugh when I get
an email asking me for a few minutes of my time by giving them feed back. And I
think of the number of times I struggled
to get an answer from them on simple questions.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

I don't like those surveys, I have been told in the past that one
reason big business and government does a lot of these surveys is not
to improve but to find out what issues, and what parts of those issues
people are pissed off about, in order to keep the bad thing going but
to simply
"sell" or "spin" it to you from a better "angle".

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

I've only had one problem - they supplied a gadget without an advertised
feature - but swore black and blue it worked "as advertised" despite
photos showing it was a different model and had altered markings that
did not support the feature. The best they offered was a replacement
with the exact same type and I would have to pay the postage.

The only choice of consequence left was to do the charge back thing.

I still deal (no pun) with the company, but consider everything to be
supplied without a warranty of any kind. If the saving is high enough
after considering a high failure rate for "made in china" and the chance
of "lost in the mail" only then do I buy - and I expect to occasionally
receive a dud product.

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?

without a warranty of any kind. If the
china" and the chance of "lost in the mail"

You hit the nail on the head David,

My last purchase was a couple of small cell batteries for a small music box. I
priced the batteries here at $4.95AAUD each.

I got a card of 100 from D-E for about $3USD including postage.
Batteries are fine, however if they weren't, or were the wrong type, or lost in
the mail, who cares?

And I never try and buy several things at once to save them postage. I want
something, I just get it when I need it.

Buying something for several hundred dollars from D-E, is a wee bit of a punt I
feel.

Some companies, you never expect a sensible return email response. D-E is one of
many in that group.

Cheers Don...

========================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Dealextreme - anyone successfuly got a refund?
Hi all,
thanks for the responses. I've escalated with paypal, so we'll see what
happens. In fact that was dealextreme's response, if you don't close out the
dispute let paypal work it out!

Never again.

Cheers
Greg