Deal extreme

For anyone who likes deal extreme, here's a similar site. They seem to
match deal extreme's prices to the cent and have many of the same
products. Anyone have any others similar?

lightake.com

Re: Deal extreme

 Dealextreme spammed the fuck out of me (never heard of them before, and
never bought from them before), and then expect me to come running to
buy their crap, when I could get same/similar crap locally for less.

 And you expect your spammed suggestion is going to be any better?

 Yeah, watch how fast I go.
--
What does ignorant mean?

Re: Deal extreme

There's always one idiot.

Re: Deal extreme

 Spamming is a modern-day version of door knocking.  Those type of
sellers have ONE particular deal in mind, and it's THEIR deal.  I've
very rarely had them to be negotiable.

 So if you knock on my door, don't expect me to buy your gear, internet
plan, phone plan, religion, aluminium siding, vacuum cleaner or whatever
shit-in-a-box you happen to be selling today.

 Because odds are, I either *already* have something cheaper, or can get
it cheaper if I were actually interested in whatever you're selling.

 I'm probably on the right track, because I've had friends that say
"talk to my mate at so-and-so, he can give you a better deal below
whatever normal deal prices are at".  And I *STILL* manage to find it
cheaper, even if it's shipped across the country.

 "Idiot" has a rather wide definition, and sending people out on the
hope they're going to sell over-priced crap to me is probably one of those.
 Email is worse in my books, because not only is it a figurative way of
door-knocking, it's ultimately lazy.

 So there.
--
Who glued the cup to the table?

Re: Deal extreme

Great point but what relevance does that have to my post. I was NOT
spamming, this is more like word of mouth. Surely I have to have some
sort of vested interest to actually be spamming. I've been frequenting
this newsgroup on and off for 10 years and have rarely or never posted
links like this before. I thought it was relevant considering someone
just mentioned deal extreme. Lightake are a very similar company but
might have something different that someone is after.

I don't give a shit what you do.

If you can why don't you make yourself useful and post information about
where we can get such deals cheaper instead of moaning about how
expensive these web sites are. ie put up or shut up pal.

Do you want a medal?

I've got links to plenty of good stuff from here and thought it would be
worth contributing. You seem to be one of those people who like to crack
the sads just because it makes you feel superior. If you don't like the link

Re: Deal extreme

 Call it what you want Fred, it's still spamming.
 This is an electronics based group, not whitegoods. (even if your
whitegoods contain electronics).
 This is an Australian based group, not China.  (even if we can deal
directly with China).

 You were saying nothing other than it's yet another site that sells crap.

 Surely.  And don't call me Shirley.

 It wasn't a reply to someone mentioning Dealsdirect.  It was an
unsolicited (no-one had asked for it) statement that if you like one,
you'll probably like the other.

 Probably a good thing.

 I do.  In context.  I don't shout it from the rooftops, however.

 I have lots thanks, did you want one?

 Naw.  I just felt like jeering you up a bit.  I could have killfiled
you last week.
--
The further I go, the behinder I get.

Re: Deal extreme

Interesting that you didn't reply to my point about me not having a
vested interest. That means you basically agree with that point (even if
you don't admit it to yourself). Hence you agree it was not spam.
Naturally I wouldn't expect someone like yourself to admit to that.

Both completely irrelevant points.

It was in response to the previous thread that did mention dealextreme.
I thought it was a new topic asking if anyone had any similar sites so
posted it as a new thread. Get over it john and go cry somewhere else.

All you are doing is being obstructive. My thread asked if anyone had
similar links, this could be useful information to many people as I'm
sure many people use dealextreme. You are just putting people off from
posting replies while posting nothing yourself. All the while claiming
you have some great knowledge about cheaper deals. If you have them then
post them, otherwise stop being a git.

Re: Deal extreme

Irrelevant, but then they all say that(no interest).

Re: Deal extreme

 I didn't say anything because I don't know (if he has a vested interest).
 The fact I said nothing about it doesn't change anything else.
--
Prosecutors will be violated

Re: Deal extreme

Actually spammers will send something to multiple newsgroups and say
nothing. They don't hang around to discuss it afterward and they don't
participate in the group. The definition of spam from wiki is sending
out bulk messages of some form. Quite simply my message was not spam.
John just likes to get his nickers in a knot for the hell of it.

Re: Deal extreme

Lol, easy to see you have little experience with spammers. Quite often
they do hang round looking for a response. See it so often over the decades.

Re: Deal extreme

I wish that was true.

  Quite often

What, like 3 times in 10 years. You know it might actually be possible
that I am telling the truth you know. I must say these sort of
conversations are why I frequent newsgroups a lot less these days. I was
posting a simple link, either respond with something useful or ignore
it, it's not complicated.

Re: Deal extreme

Lol and they also desperately try to keep up the facade. I take it you
are not selling much. In any case peeps mike look at the site, but
unless there are some good deals there, it will stay dead. Have fun.

Re: Deal extreme

You are the only one becoming desperate here.

I'm not selling anything. Can you get that through you thick skull?

This is why I don't frequent newsgroups much anymore. There's always
some dickhead who wants to take offense to the simplest of things. Can
you imagine if you were at a bbq and someone mentioned a new website
they've found that had some good deals. Instead of just saying thanks
you start whining and crying about them spamming you. Seriously, take
your behavior out of the context of a newsgroup and have a look it.

Re: Deal extreme

I've got both those characters blocked for those reasons. I only see their
posts when someone replies to them. It is amazing how a persistent tosser or
three can decimate a good NG.

Re: Deal extreme

Yes. I was hoping I might gain some useful websites similar to
dealextreme from this thread but they appear to have scared everyone off
who might have posted.

Re: Deal extreme
Try dealexcel.com and madeinchina.com

Re: Deal extreme
from this thread but they appear to have

try:
http://www.godzillaseamonkey.com/web-sites-with-free-shipping-and-other-tips /

I started off building up this site as an additional interest for myself, as
well as a possible revenue raiser.

But I got lost, and went off in a new direction. In fact it possibly save me
from retirement:
New MMBasic Computer http://www.TheMaximiteComputer.com
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID16%&PN=1
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Deal extreme

I've had some good purchases off alibaba (aliexpress.com).

Re: Deal extreme

Thanks guys. I will have a good look through these in my spare time. :-)

Site Timeline