Board edge connector track repair

I'm repairing the control module for an Ariston clothes washer/dryer, which has had arcing on one of the contacts on a board edge connector leading to the motor's stator. The arcing has removed the copper back to the contact point. What's the best way of restoring the contact? I thought about removing a few mm of PCB so the connector sides further on... any other tricks?

This track connects to a triac (BTB12), which measures as conducting in both directions to/from the gate, 30 oms and 35 ohms - I'm guessing this is about right? It's non-conducting in both directions on the current path, as expected, having not been triggered. So I think that's ok.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

further

guessing

that's

Back in the 60's L. M. Erricsson x-bar used single sided pcb's which had a gold flash edge contact clip in placed of etched edge connectors. It folded over the edge of the board and was riveted or clipped (fold-over tab) through the board to fix it. All it had to do was overlap the copper track where it was soldered. I am sure I still have a few on hand.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

One off? If so then hardwire it. Chances are it is not worth repairing.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Thanks to Ross sending me one of his edge connectors, a machine that's still worth $500 isn't going to the trash. It's nice to have a win, especially when a nice guy helps you!

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I put 2 in the package so you should have a spare :-)

Reply to
Ross Herbert