Basic copper phone

Does anyone still sell the basic copper handset?

Looks like our old handset has died and I need a replacement that doesn't rely on the power being on,

Reply to
terryc

O course . did you check the helstra site ?

Reply to
atec 77

In my experience Telstra home phones have been good and reliable. - even the older "touchfone "200, 400" etc" thats been used for the last

15 odd years perform well for the price (usually next to nothing second hand). many don't have caller ID or speaker functions though

Last year got a new Telstra T1000 series phone for my mother, it has got a plugpack with it, but its only used to power the "missed call" LED. Everything else functions without the plugpack connected. Its been really good unit.

Telstra site isnt very helpful, but found the following on Ebay:

&ProductType42be380b=3D!

Reply to
kreed

I tried. Went straight there to try and cancel the callout (unsuccssful) once I tested the handset by seeing if the internet still worked (it did).

Entering "home phone" brought up all sorts of XYZ model for your business

Entering "simple home phone" brought 0 results.

I think I'll wander over to Bing Lee locally and buy their cheapest handset to get going again whilst I source something second hand (unless someone has a lead)

Reply to
terryc

That is what died. Too late I realised it was the scounged spare for the original one that died and I had nothing else (pretty sure I gave the old pulse phones away to a pre-school for toys).

Not too bad for t20+ years.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Reply to
terryc

Dependant on the voltage from the plug pack it's been known to run things off the 48v dc found in the pots line.. not that I suggest you use a 7805 or similar to power the led :) ( you might need a small electro to smooth things and after all it costs at least $5.00 to do so )

Reply to
atec 77

aargh, do you realise what you have done? I will now start keeping old dead plug packs so techos do not get suspicious.

Reply to
terryc

Plenty around, DSE for starters:

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You shouldn't worry about it , we do it too.

Reply to
atec 77