Basic copper phone

Does anyone still sell the basic copper handset?

Looks like our old handset has died and I need a replacement that doesn't
rely on the power being on,

Re: Basic copper phone
O course . did you check the helstra site ?

Re: Basic copper phone

I tried. Went straight there to try and cancel the callout (unsuccssful)
once I tested the handset by seeing if the internet still worked (it did).

Entering  "home phone" brought up all sorts of XYZ model for your business

Entering "simple home phone" brought 0 results.

I think I'll wander over to Bing Lee locally and buy their cheapest
handset to get going again whilst I source something second hand (unless
someone has a lead)

Re: Basic copper phone

In my experience Telstra home phones have been good and reliable. -
even the older "touchfone "200, 400" etc" thats been used for the last
15 odd years perform well for the price (usually next to nothing
second hand). many don't have caller ID or speaker functions though

Last year got a new Telstra T1000 series phone for my mother, it has
got a plugpack with it, but its only used to power the "missed call"
LED.  Everything else functions without  the plugpack connected. Its
been really good unit.

Telstra site isnt very helpful, but found the following on Ebay:

http://phones.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Telephones__telstra?_catref3D%1&_dmpt =
3D%AU_Telephones&_fln3D%1&_sacat3D%164874&_ssov3D%1&_trksid3D%p3286.c0.m282=
&ProductType42be380b3D%!

Re: Basic copper phone

That is what died. Too late I realised it was the scounged spare
for the original one that died and I had nothing else (pretty sure I gave
the old pulse phones away to a pre-school for toys).

Not too bad for t20+ years.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Re: Basic copper phone
Dependant on the voltage  from the plug pack it's been known to run
things off the 48v dc found in the pots line.. not that I suggest you
use a 7805 or similar to power the led :) ( you might need a small
electro to smooth things and after all it costs at least $5.00 to do so )

Re: Basic copper phone

aargh, do you realise what you have done? I will now start keeping old
dead plug packs so techos do not get suspicious.

Re: Basic copper phone
You shouldn't worry about it , we do it too.

Re: Basic copper phone

Plenty around, DSE for starters:
http://search.dse.com.au/search?p=UK&srid=S2%2d4&lbc=dseau&ts=new&pw=phone&pu25%42&uid83%268748&isort=score&w=Corded%20Phones&rk=1&sessionid49%8bf2400a6beeba273fc0a87e010718

Dave.