April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

Need April and May 2005 MIDI THEREMIN article issues from the Silicon Chip Magazine

I am seeking a reprint, PDF or copy of the 'two-part' MIDI THEREMIN construction project that appeared in the April 2005 and May 2005 issues of Silicon Chip (

)

Prefer it scanned from printed version or a PDF created from the online version. (Since Silicon Chip DOES NOT offer online 'single issue' PDF's, but instead Silicon Chip makes you purchase a FULL YEAR of a web subscription (that is NOT in PDF format) just to have access to two issues!!!!

In return, I can offer xchange any two or three articles from the online PDF version of EPE magazine (Everyday Practical Electronics-British_

_from July 2002 thru June 2005.

Please send eMail to me at: StevenThompson1960ATyahooDOTcom (and if U send what I am looking for, let me know in what couple of articles you would like from EPE.

THANKS!!

Reply to
JustCurEus

So what format is the SC Electronic Edition?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Silicon Chip sell reprints, as well as whole magazines.

If, for some reason, you object to paying them for their "stock in trade", then go to a public library - many (if not most) have Silicon Chip magazines, and you may be able to photocopy the articles there - at least that way, Silicon Chip may still get *some* money from you.

Peter

Reply to
Pete

The Possible problem here (since he mentioned a UK mag) is that he is outside australia, and cant get the mag except by mail order, and doesnt want to wait weeks for it to arrive.

Other than that - I agree he should just buy the mag.

Reply to
KLR

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 7:57:54 -0400, JustCurEus wrote (in message ):

------------------------------------------- Thanks for looking at my posting. Below is my email to Silicon Chip and their response. I was only looking for the MIDI THEREMIN article copies for information, as I believe that it most likely cannot be constructed by the article 'cuz in most likelyhood it uses a PICmicro and I am sure that they do not provide code in the magazine... at least EPEonline does not show it in their magazine-although they do allow FTP download of source code. again, thanks (USA)

Dear Steven Unfortunately the site can not be viewed in PDF format. It can only be viewed online. The Silicon Chip Subscription options are on a yearly basis. You can purchase the years worth of issues that include the articles you are after for $52.23 See link below for subscription options in US currency.

Kind Regards Joanna Web Publications > > Name: Steven Thompson > Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com > City: Detroit > Country: United States > > Comments: > When you purchase an 'Online Subscription', is the magazine in > downloadable PDF format (like EPEonline does), or another format? > (if another format, what would that be?) > Also, what is the cost (US$) for the ARTICLES on the MIDI-THEREMIN > that I just recently heard about? > And, have there been any corrections / additions, etc about the > MIDI-THEREMIN in any articles/magazines after the CONSTRUCTION of > the unit was complete? > Thank-you for your time, > STEVEN

Reply to
JustCurEus

Looks like you can download the HEX file for the chip here:

They don't always give the HEX file or source code though, depends on who developed the project and if they want to keep copyright.

Dave:)

Reply to
David L. Jones