April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

Need April and May 2005 MIDI THEREMIN article issues from the Silicon Chip
Magazine

I am seeking a reprint, PDF or copy of the 'two-part' MIDI THEREMIN
construction project that appeared in the April 2005 and May 2005 issues of
Silicon Chip ( www.siliconchip.com.au/ )

Prefer it scanned from printed version or a PDF created from the online
version.  (Since Silicon Chip DOES NOT offer online 'single issue' PDF's, but
instead Silicon Chip makes you purchase a FULL YEAR of a web subscription
(that is NOT in PDF format) just to have access to two issues!!!!

In return, I can offer xchange any two or three articles from the online PDF
version of EPE magazine (Everyday Practical Electronics-British_
http://www.epemag.com/ _from July 2002 thru June 2005.

Please send eMail to me at:  StevenThompson1960ATyahooDOTcom  (and if U send
what I am looking for, let me know in what couple of articles you would like
from EPE.

THANKS!!

Re: April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

So what format is the SC Electronic Edition?

Dave :)

Re: April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

Silicon Chip sell reprints, as well as whole magazines.

If, for some reason, you object to paying them for their "stock in
trade", then go to a public library - many (if not most) have Silicon
Chip magazines, and you may be able to photocopy the articles there - at
least that way, Silicon Chip may still get *some* money from you.

Peter

Re: April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

The Possible problem here (since he mentioned a UK mag) is that he is
outside australia, and cant get the mag except by mail order, and
doesnt want to wait weeks for it to arrive.

Other than that - I agree he should just buy the mag.

Re: April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

Thanks for looking at my posting.  Below is my email to Silicon Chip and
their response.  I was only looking for the MIDI THEREMIN article copies for
information, as I believe that it most likely cannot be constructed by the
article 'cuz in most likelyhood it uses a PICmicro and I am sure that they do
not provide code in the magazine... at least EPEonline does not show it in
their magazine-although they do allow FTP download of source code.
again, thanks (USA)

Dear Steven
 Unfortunately the site can not be viewed in PDF format. It can only be
viewed online.
The Silicon Chip Subscription options are on a yearly basis. You can purchase
the years worth of issues that include the articles you are after for $52.23
 See link below for subscription options in US currency.
 http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/access/subprices.html?currency=USD
 Kind Regards
 Joanna
 Web Publications

 > Name:        Steven Thompson
 > Email:      snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
 > City:     Detroit
 > Country:    United States
 >
 > Comments:
 >      When you purchase an 'Online Subscription', is the magazine in
 >    downloadable PDF format (like EPEonline does), or another format?
 >      (if another format, what would that be?)
 > Also, what is the cost (US$) for the ARTICLES on the MIDI-THEREMIN
 >    that I just recently heard about?
 >    And, have there been any corrections / additions, etc about the
 >    MIDI-THEREMIN in any articles/magazines after the CONSTRUCTION of
 >    the unit was complete?
 > Thank-you for your time,
 > STEVEN

Re: April-May2005 MIDI THEREMIN SiliconChip Article

Looks like you can download the HEX file for the chip here:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/attachments/show.html?year20%05&month=May

They don't always give the HEX file or source code though, depends on
who developed the project and if they want to keep copyright.

Dave:)

Site Timeline