An 80 port USB Board

An 80 port USB Board:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /

Unfortunately it looks like it is just for power, so I wonder if there
is a call for such a device.

Was interesting enough to point out, but who could really use it?
A device manufacturer who wanted to charge units before shipping?

I can't see me throwing it into my notebook case for traveling :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: An 80 port USB Board
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /

Certainly.
The company probably made it for an in-house application and figured, hey
this might be useful to someone else.
I've had to power almost that many 5V devices before. Normally it's screw
terminals and a big arse bench supply though, but I can see the benefits of
using this thing and off the shelf USB cables.

Dave.

Re: An 80 port USB Board

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /

I'm sold on it           :)

"USB terminal 80 is something that when viewed from the side of the port in
line, you feel powerful and somewhat like a soldier in the army.........Why
do not you call out excited just thinking about what else?"

Re: An 80 port USB Board
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /

Chinglish at it's finest!

Dave.

Re: An 80 port USB Board
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /

Well, that line was the result of Google translate (note the link). :p

Re: An 80 port USB Board
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /
Jinglish I think! There was a time when I spoke it like a native
(working for a Japanese company)

Re: An 80 port USB Board

Add to that that the USB port is slowly becoming (to the consumer) a
de-facto +5v power socket, with USB socketed +5v  plugpacks, Car
cigarette lighter inverters sometimes have a couple of +5v USB sockets
on them as well as the 240v socket. Phone charger cables are available
that plug to USB to charge.

In time, the USB socket will likely become a universal +5v supply
source (without data lines) for just about every consumer gadget, just
as the car cigarette lighter socket has become a standard 12v power
socket for anything and everything.

The 500ma limit of a normal USB port might be a problem in some
applications, but this is more than enough for most gadgets out there,
and definitely enough for charging batteries used in most portable
devices.

Re: An 80 port USB Board
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&langpair=ja |en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.thanko.jp/product/usb_80port /
Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

Eighty times 500ma (keep you warm in winter)

Re: An 80 port USB Board

It's not just convinience, it's the law. Many countries have passed laws
that mandate use of Micro-USB sockets e.g. for phone chargers.

Philipp

Site Timeline