555s outnumber Humans ?

Hi to all,

This link on the history of the famous  NE555  timer IC is worth a look.

It records an interview with " Hans Camenzind ",  designer of the 555, 565
and 566  -  even includes voice samples.

http://semiconductormuseum.com/Transistors/LectureHall/Camenzind/Camenzind_Index.htm

......   Phil

Re: 555s outnumber Humans ?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:40:31 +1000, "Phil Allison"

G'day Phil,
   Thanks for the link to the very interesting interview. I thought
it'd start a big discussion about what we've all used 555s for. Looks
like the 555 is pretty much taken for granted these days. :-(

Bob

Re: 555s outnumber Humans ?

I'd found this article earlier via the transistor oral history page.
I think it's cool that he still has the first devices and they still
function fine to this day.

Re: 555s outnumber Humans ?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 17:00:33 +1000, Bob Parker

About ten years ago i used one as fuel pump controller in a VK
commodore.

Since then i just use a small PIC12C508 for which I have 555 routine
with a few added extras. Much cheaper.

Site Timeline