555s outnumber Humans ?

Hi to all,

This link on the history of the famous NE555 timer IC is worth a look.

It records an interview with " Hans Camenzind ", designer of the 555, 565 and 566 - even includes voice samples.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

G'day Phil, Thanks for the link to the very interesting interview. I thought it'd start a big discussion about what we've all used 555s for. Looks like the 555 is pretty much taken for granted these days. :-(

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I'd found this article earlier via the transistor oral history page. I think it's cool that he still has the first devices and they still function fine to this day.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

About ten years ago i used one as fuel pump controller in a VK commodore.

Since then i just use a small PIC12C508 for which I have 555 routine with a few added extras. Much cheaper.

Reply to
The Real Andy