Trouble with chromium Version 56.0.2924.84

I just updated my Pi3 to Chromium Version 56.0.2924.84, with the
operating system at
Linux raspberrypi 4.4.38-v7+ #938
and find that Google Maps does not seem to load; I get a blank
page, but no error messages. An attempt to connect to YouTube
brings up "This site can't provide a secure connection".
Anybody know what might be wrong? Other pages load without
obvious difficulty.
Thanks for reading!
bob prohaska
Reply to