7 years ago
Did anyone use PiNet and can tell if it can be used in a production
"PiNet is a free and open source project for helping schools set up and
manage a Raspberry Pi classroom. It has been developed alongside
teachers with feedback from over 15 countries across the world.
Its key features include
- Network based user accounts - *Any student can sit down at any
Raspberry Pi and log in.
- Network based operating system - All Raspberry Pis boot a single
master Raspbian operating system.
- Shared folders - Easy to use shared folder system for teachers and
- Work collection system - Simple work collection/submittion system to
allow students to hand in work.
- Automated backups - Automatically backup all students work to an
external drive periodically.
- Many more small features like batch user import, classroom management
software integration etc. "