Loss of Default Gateway

I've just changed my router, but the new one has been setup with the
same IP address (192.168.1.254).
I've also got 6 PIs on my network. Of those, 2 seem OK, but the other
four have decided that their default gateway is now going to be
192.168.1.1.
I've used
route delete default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
route add default gw 192.168.1.254 eth0
to reset the default gateway, but in each case, overnight the default
has reset itself back to 192.168.1.1 None of the PIs have been
rebooted. I'm not convinced that this is a coincidence, but my WIN7 PC
also reset the default gateway mid evening (whilst I was using it),
again to 192.168.1.1.
Any suggestions on how I can persuade my PIs to stick to the proper GW ?
Thanks
Adrian
--
To Reply :
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian
Have a feeling default routes are set elsewhere these days
Lemme see in Mi Pi...
Ah yes. Imn /etc/dhcpcd.conf
there will be a line saying
static routers=192.168.1.254 or whatever.
Make sure it is.
Pis tend to use dhcp and te easy way to static them is to frig with dhcp - but these Pis might hacve decided to 'renew their leases'
And also make sure that the router* isnt advertising a bad gateway
*
or some other dhcp master on the LAN
--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
In message , The Natural Philosopher writes
Thanks.
This is rather odd. The two PIs that are behaving don't have a /etc/dhcpcd.conf file at all. The other four have one, but the relevant entries were commented out.
It will be interesting to see if things behave now.
Adrian
--
To Reply :
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian
That is consistent with a full DHCP non static address.
Is your new router advertising the wrong gateway?

"Saki"
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
ther
The router is probably still advertising 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway via DHCP. Make sure it doesn't have a separate setting for the default gateway, as some will allow it to be different from their own address. Then reboot the router, and any Pis with the wrong gateway (or use dhclient to get a new lease).
---druck
Reply to
druck
In message , druck writes
A bit more digging in the router, and indeed, it is possible to have a gateway IP address that is different to the router IP address. I've changed the gateway IP address from 1.1 to 1.254 and rebooted. Time will tell what that does. A quick test with my phone suggests that it is working.
Thanks
Adrian
--
To Reply :
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian
That is sound practice anyway. So that 'dhcp only' clients will work
kind word alone.