berryboot & readonly filesystem

Hi,

the final goal of my current efforts is to have a readonly filesystem without superfluous write access to the internal sd card.

Currently i am using berryboot and find accesses tp mmcblk0p2 by jdb2 when monitoring the disk activity with iotop.

Looks as if this is caused by the journaling of ext4 filesystems?

The mmcblk0p2 seems to be managed by berryboot, found no option to make is r/o at startup.

I have an USB stick attached for storing acquired data during normal

24/7 operation.

Would be enough space for moving the os to the USB device.

Q1: How can the access be suppressed / How to make the sd card r/o Q2: How can one of the current boot images exported using the berryboot menu (.img192 file) be brought to a fresh sdcard without using berryboot? (in order to use the known hints about making a readonly filesystem)

Thanks for replying...

Newdo

So i tried to make the filesystem ro, which has been denied. I found i am looking for information about the following topics:

  1. Using berryboot from sd car
Reply to
Newdo

[...]

There is no need to make the SDcard read-only if only the /boot FAT partition is there. Once the operating system is located on the USB stick, it will only access USB storage.

/boot/cmdline.txt tells the bootloader where the OS is located.

This could get you started:

There are several other reasonable tutorials on the web, some old, some new. I boot from a USB harddrive, using the SD card as bootstrap (only /boot), combining info from several tutorials/forums/blogs, without berryboot.

I don't know the answer to that, but you can always copy partitions with the dd utility.

mentions booting from USB, they might have more info as well.

--
Regards,
Kees Nuyt