Zoom Modem capacitor value needed

Zoom model 3025 Two ceramic caps have exploaded (lightning hit). I can read 221, but can't read the fourth number on either cap, due to that piece is gone. The cap is rated as 1KV. The modem still works, caller ID and still will connect to the internet, but will only connect at 14.4 or less and has a hum on the line. So it's worth replacing the caps. Not sure if they could be 2200 pf, 220pf. I can tell there is a marking after the 221, but can't make it out. I can't find any caps rated at

1KV that start with 221. Thanks
Reply to
George

221 means 220 pF i.e. 22 * 10^1
Reply to
Andrew Holme

Reply to
George

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:01:17 GMT, George put finger to keyboard and composed:

These are RF suppression caps, probably connected between each of the tip and ring inputs and case ground.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

zoom's , so long ago!

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

George wrote in news:fh76f2l811hd4c96hdotm534bqldg3ql6l@

4ax.com:

The last characters usually refer to the patricular type of ceramic capacitor. The 221 is the important part, meaning 220pf.

How about Mallory, Xicon, or Vishay/Sprague?

for "disc ceramic capacitor 220pf" and find several rated 1kV or more.

Reply to
Jim Land