Your experience witg function generators

** Irrelevant to the fact he is an utter idiot.

** Time wasters are not courteous, they are asses.

** You are even bigger ASS than he is.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"** Time wasters are not courteous, they are asses. "

OK, when the time machine is out of the shop, I will go back into your past and when you ask a question I will shame you so bad that you will never find your dick. People who call other people stupid when they seek knowledge are more stupid. You CAN have more knowledge and be stupider. Is there a test or something required to ask a question here ? Did you form this group ? Do you own it ?

When YOU inhibit the education of others, what the f*ck are YOU ?

_____

Now the topic, yes I agree with the general consensus here, this generator was never intended to be a frequency standard. With the specs the OP gave I wouldn't even want to have to use it to align an AM IF strip, and I mean before ceramic filters when you could sort of pick the IF frequency. Forget FM.

If the need is repetetive, like you ae maintaining a bunch of communications equiopment for one company or whatever which all uses the same band and modulation, there are several options. If there are multiple units available more accuracy can be obtained by comparison. A beat frequency is hard to miss no matter what the modulation scheme.

Also if you have a frequency modulation input it shouldn't be too hard to adapt or build an FM detector of some sort and make a feedback loop to stabilise it. Of course then the problem becomes making your detector more stable than the generator in the first place.

All said, I think you simply need to pick up a suitable generator and delegate this one to audio or something, who knows. Who knows what you might find on craigslist or ebay.

Jeff Urban

"Jeff Urban"

( snip piles of putrid s**te )

** Fuck off - you RABID NUT CASE !!
Reply to
Phil Allison

I'm calling SEWPaC on you.

Reply to
Jeff Urban

Phil does not understand the use of those words from a civilized world point of view.

You must understand where he comes from. Sitting in church on a sunday and shouting out load "some old hag must of just took a shit" is like clearing your through silently so not to disturb others. Yes, those down unders do have a strange way of using the language in a barbaric way.

Yes, phil is one those that if you were to hold your hand out for a gentlemen's shake, he'd most likely reach down and grab your crotch first to check your gender so that he'd know which fowl words to use on you and spit on your shoes with chewing tobacco afterwards. You must remember, where he comes from, Men look like girls and girls look like men.... All have make up studios at their flats!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

"Jamie = Fuckwit radio ham a MASSIVE TROLL"

** Have a massive aneurism - soon.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"mike" ha scritto nel messaggio news:jk8h84$ptq$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

That's an emotional reaction. Would you be upset with your plow horse because it didn't win the Kentucky Derby? It's all about matching the tool to the task.

Don't throw it in the trash. I know a dozen people who'd love to have it.

I prefer to have a single generator that can serve all my needs, rather than having many generators, one for each application. Too much room otherwise, too many cables and plugs.

In practice this HP generator is only good for audio applications. At IF (455 kHz) it requires being re-tuned frequently to stay on frequency. At HF (10 MHz) I cannot figure out an application that tolerates that frequency instability.

I had other function generators in the past, but I do not recall having such a high instability. That is why I suspect mine has some problem.

Better buy a DDS at an affordable cost.

Regards.

Tony

Reply to
Antonio I0JX

HTF do you work on that bench Jeff ? I thought my benches were a bloody mess, but they are positively lab-standard compared to that !!!

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I see some space. Everything within grabbing distance.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I think small. Most of the things I work on are small enough to fit on what's left of the bench. Neatness is a sure sign of some undesireable trait, although I don't recall what it might be at this moment. Unfortunately, I now have a piece of unrepairable test equipment scattered all over the bench, so all new projects have come to a halt until it decides to allow itself to be fixed.

It's been like that for about 35 years. Some day, I'll clean it up.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to