WTD: Pinout or datasheet Sanyo LC7191

As above......Been searching for a couple of weeks with no luck......just mentions of the IC. Any of you fine packratserrrrrrrr technicians out there have one to share? (of course techs of all types aren't packrats are we!)

Gord

Reply to
GS

Gotta admit my best resources failed me on this one. Just for the hell of it, do you have an ECG book ? Not the software, the book with the datasheets, well not really detailed, but a pinout.

That number sounds familiar. From what I could glean from looking for it, it seems to be in a series of ICs for CB radios. Can't be sure.

It just dawned on me, if you got the same basic resouces, like datasheetarchive and such, do a search for just LC719. If an LC7190 and

7192 are listed it's a good bet what you got is REALLY similar. You might actually find the sheet embedded in one of the sheets for an IC a number or two down or up. If it's new, an LC sounds like a Sanyo, then it might be available at sanyosemiconductor.com (IIRC).

JURB

PS Speaking of packrats, I got so many favorite places now that they are impossible to manage. I never throw out a link, my spring cleaning consists of checking them to see if they're still valid. I only delete the ones that don't work. The file is definitely bigger than a floppy.

There are many ways to be a packrat.

Singed; Packrat

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Thanks for the reply Jurb......(chuckled at the Packrat similarities). My first looksee is in my much dog-eared ECG book......then databooks I have then downloaded cross-ref's/databooks.......You're right about it being a CB intended device (20 pin narrow dip). Tried the similar type thing looking for an LC7181 but no joy there either........still looking (hobby project only).

Gord - VE1AJF

Reply to
GS

Gord Whats the IC out of ?

Reply to
kip

You might try emailing this guy, who was very helpful in helping me find an obscure Whistler 900 schematic a couple of years ago.

I was really amazed at the level of interest in CB radio that's still present. Some of the vintage models can have a lot of value today.

Searching online sites revealed numerous sites with all sorts of info related to modifications and mic pinouts, etc. I wasn't particularly interested in 400 channel mods, but the useful part was that the PLL pinouts were often included.

I have an old CB enthusiast magazine that has an article stating that the FCC banned (fineable offense) the sale of 23 channel radios (in the '80s I think), and yet there are lots of 'em for sale many places. The ban was explained as aging components in older radios causing frequency drift and undesireable interference.

Not related to the IC you mentioned, but for several of the audio output ICs used in CBs, there were some versions that had pinouts that were mirror images (1 thru 9 were reversed), for different mounting situations.

Wild Bill

On Sat, 07 May 2005 20:38:12 GMT, GS put finger to keyboard and composed:

The only info I have is that it is a "27MHz channel selector" for CB applications. FWIW, the LC7180, LC 7181, LC7184, and LC7190 devices are also 20-pin 27MHz channel selectors.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar