World Running Out of Electrons, New Report Warns

World Running Out of Electrons, New Report Warns

The world is rapidly running out of electrons, a new report from environmental action group Earth First warns. They have advocated that electrons be placed on the endangered sub-atomic particles list.

Electrons are being used in shocking numbers by all consumers of electricity. The usual scapegoats of the United States and Western Europe are once again at the top of the list, consuming electrons at a rate of 900 gigawatts per day. A single digital computer uses electrons at a rate of approximately 6 billion billion per second, almost equal to the rate at which the federal deficit is growing. The report predicts a serious worldwide electron shortage by tomorrow. A single digital computer uses electrons at a rate of approximately 6 billion billion per second.

Confronted with the report, White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove just shrugged. "I don't know. We'll worry about it next week," he told reporters. News of the report sent electronics stocks tumbling to their lowest level in five hours. Utility company stock, however, soared, as the price of electrons doubled to over three dollars a gallon.

The Earth First report recommends the immediate closure of all electron drilling, refining, and distributing operations, and a reversion back to the cave-man life style. Critics called their recommendations "somewhat drastic".

Al Gore's "Alliance for Climate Protection" has called for the development of alternative energy carriers. Protons have been considered, but they are some 2000 times more massive than electrons and tend to clog the wires. Gore and the other democratic candidates have ignored neutrons, as they rarely vote anyway. The neutrons we surveyed had no opinion on the matter. The Alliance has also proposed the construction of a new sub-atomic particle to replace the dwindling electron supply. However, new sub-atomic particles are expensive, as they are often patented and cannot presently be assembled in Taiwan or Malaysia. American supercollider operators are working on better ways to export the technology, to prevent too much work being done in the United States.

As the number of negative charges decreases, the entire earth becomes more electropositive, contributing to Global Positivism. While the Democrats favor a more negative planet, the Bush administration has touted the benefits of Positivism. For example, hostile aliens who traveled to earth from a more electronegative world would be "posicuted" (a generally fatal process similar to electrocution and watching Barney) as soon as they stepped out of their flying saucers. However, friendly aliens would suffer the same fate. It is not yet known whether most aliens are friendly or hostile, but science fiction authors seem to favor the latter view.

The electron is not the first sub-atomic particle to be driven to annihilation or near-extinction by human activities. The tachyon, for example, was killed off by Einstein and his philosophy of special moral relativity, which permitted the extermination of non- conforming particles. The previously often hypothesized magnetic monopole was spotted once in the wild but has never been seen again by confirming researchers. The strange quark has a half-life of only 1 nanosecond and currently cannot reproduce outside of magnetic captivity. There is, at any given time, an average of less than one left in the whole world.

Reply to
oldschool

This wasn't all that funny the first time around.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

I read this article very early one April a few years back.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Good, I am tired of those things. they are all so negative. Fukum.

Reply to
jurb6006

Karl Rove? Gee, this must be a REALLY old article!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Back then,we just needed a few "nattering nabobs of negativism" to set things right.

Would that it were so simple today!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Yep, it's old, but that is because the shortage of electrons caused the message to delay leaving my computer for 30 million nano-light years, and the internet is operating at less than 4% on the world wide internetometer.

I just watched the wires bulge as a cluster of electrons from September of 2014 finally made their way into my modem. :)

Reply to
oldschool

Karl Rove was Deputy Chief of Staff under GW Bush from 2001 - 2007. Andrew Card was Chief of Staff during this period.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

That's possible. The drift velocity of an electron through a copper wire is not the speed of light, but rather about 80 cm/hr (0.20 mm/sec).

Now, if you need something to worry about, please note that the worlds supply of available white space is limited and finite. At the present consumption rate, I predict that we will run out of white space very soon when allthewordswillruntogether.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Plus they're not sending me any *voltage* either! The pos and neg half- cycles are equal in magnitude either side of zero volts, so the average voltage I'm getting over the course of a billing period is zero. And they only briefly *lend* me electrons - yet they have the nerve to wonder why I constantly complain! Bastards.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You don't get to keep the beer you drink. Do you complain to Coors that their beer ends up raising your sewer bill?

--

Rick C
Reply to

*Grins* Don't encourage him....
--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com
Reply to
Foxs Mercantile

You know, I complained to Coca-Cola about how their 2-liter bottles kept running out as I drank 'em. They, more-or-less, told me where to go!

Reply to
Madness

I have a similar problem with evaporating jelly beans. I keep a jar of them on my office desk. Over a period of one to three weeks, the jelly beans would slowly disappear. I trust visiting customers, delivery services, salesmen, neighbors, friends, visitors, fire inspectors, diabetics, etc to be honest and confess to stealing some when I ask. Since nobody has done so, I can only conclude that the seal on the jar is inadequate after opening, causing the contents to evaporate. I have attempted to measure the effect using a precision jewelery scale, but have been unable to retain a sample long enough to measure before it disappears. Obviously, there must be a conspiracy to supress the effect. Googling for scientific papers on jelly bean evaporation finds that no research has been done on the topic. Notice that the contents of some jelly beans include "evaporated cane juice" which makes me suspect that the evaporation continues in the jar:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

You are a nut. But being a Jew I assume there is a madness to your method. (or does that go the other way ?)

But jellybeans turn me off. So do all of those gummy candies. I cannot unde rstand how anyone could eat that. To me it doesn't even look like food.

But about you jellybeans and their apparent evaporation, you are the one wh o forgot to put a price tag on them. Just on the jar would suffice actually but you put forth the idea that they are just free. So when people take th em, whaddya want me to shoot them ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Not sure about jelly beans, but I do have a problem w/ regular beans. They disappear as I eat them (which is bad enough), but then they cause me to keep sending gas into the air. Now, I'm told that a majority of that gas is methane, which could be useful, but is only causing air pollution! :)

Reply to
Madness

I believe land-fill sites have methane recovery systems, so that is where to get buried...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

The f*ck is your problem?

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi
http://www.foxsmercantile.com
Reply to
Foxs Mercantile

Liquids "Evaporate". Solids "Sublimate" .

You need to understand the process better before you complain. If the seal on that jar is less than 100% the beans will continue to disappear. Were it to be 100%, they would deposit themselves as an even layer inside the glas s, but gradually and over a great deal of time.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Add "Racist" to the list.