Weller PU-1D / TCP-1 / PT-H6 parts info

Just for you Chris, I took the bottom off my PU-1D and took a couple of pictures of what I found inside. ;-)

I think (because it's wrapped up in tape) there is a big electrolytic cap in there as well.

I'm not sure the pictures help but as you can see it's not just a couple of components but I'm not sure I'd go as far as to call it elegant (especially the soldering as I was probably supposed to be 'working' when I did it). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Can't see all the components, or be sure of the colours on those brown bodied resistors but my reverse eng sketch is here:-

Looks like a similar version to :-

detecting the transformer volts drop when the switch closes.

Reply to
Geo

Woah, that's amazing Geo, just from those two pictures. ;-)

Would you like me to confirm what the missing values are (the vertical component and the cap)?

Yeah, I think I remember that being the only way we worked out we could do it back then (well, not without a current shunt of some sort etc).

It's funny, after making and fitting it I'd sorta forgotten I had ... because it was out of sight and 'just worked'. ;-)

The PCB was just stuffed into a little zip top component bag and it all bundled in there and the base put back on. I probably intended doing it properly sometime but ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris Jones

Not for my sake anyway - I was bored.

I open boxes now and don't even know what the board inside was meant to do - and I will have built it many years ago.

Reply to
Geo

Ok ... the next time I'm bored then. ;-)

LOL.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m