Volume Fault. HitachiTV C1405T-311. Schematic or help please.

Model no: C1405T-311 Colour TV

Can anyone suggest the cause of the following problem or email me a schematic for this set please:

The volume was turned down to zero using the remote. When the increase

volume button is pressed on the remote or the button on the set, the indicator appears on the screen but the volume remains at zero. Otherwise the set works perfectly.

I have re-soldered most of the joints on the PCB without any improvement.

Is there anywhere that I can download servicing information on this set? Many thanks,

Ron

Reply to
ron

ron ha escrito:

Yesterday I worked on an orion portable, less than 2 years old, with similar symptom to yours. Volume bar ok, no sound. after a bit of probing, it turned out the damn speaker voice coil had a resistance of about 2k! so maybe worth a try looking there in your case..... or:

may have schematics. what chassis is it? many lower end hitachi used beko or vestel i think....

regards, B.