Use different size wire in electro clutch?

Rubbish

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

motor

slightly

I'll bet folks in the industry were calling out wire by American Wire Gauge calls long before folks 'over there' were calling wires out in direct cross sectional area numerics. We hade/have circular mils, and you guys have square millimeters.

Eventually, the world will, perhaps, be all metric. Maybe one day there will be a singular monetary system or government... sure.

Don't hold your breath.

For now we will all, both you (Eeyore's 'over there' crowd)and us, savor the nostalgia that our truly scientific ancestors gave us. We will cling to those things that we think important. Every 'scientist' knows how to measure length regardless of what ticks are on the scale... still, every man likes to do so with *his own* ruler.

All the automation and such in 'science and industry' these days has made for some 'scientists' that are titled or held in regards that are far beyond their actual level of competency or depth of knowledge.

I am glad that you are not in that boat, John.

The classical engineers are all but gone... a dying breed.

Reply to
lurch

Absurd? YOU, maybe.

I find that folks that claim to be a scientist yet cannot perform math in bases other than ten and two, are not really scientists at all. That is how absurd you are.

Do you piss and moan about the number of hours in a day or the calendar arrangement as well?

You: NOT a scientist.

More toward "whining wussy", or in your case "wussy in the body of an ass".

Reply to
lurch

Millimeter is "mm", NOT "mil". "mil" IS known around the world, you asshole, know nothing idiot.

Reply to
lurch

42 is "The answer to everything".
Reply to
lurch

metacarpals?

Reply to
lurch

motor

slightly

Probably more like 140 cm for him. Conservative guess. :-)

Reply to
lurch

Yeah. Hail Marry!

Reply to
Jamie

Oops Hail Mary!

Reply to
Jamie

I just have to say that I did like that response.

I am glad we all did not embrace the toad licking thing back in the

80s.

We'd all be singing "On the Toad Again..." And PETA would be on our asses.

Let's see if your 'enhancement' gets the depth of that off the wall remark... :-)

Bwuahahahahaha... Intellectually Enhanced... indeed!

Reply to
lurch

On the Toad again...

Reply to
lurch

lurch

YOU ARE AN IDIOT

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
Proteus IIV

No, the answer to "Life, the Universe and Everything" is 42.

If that doesn't make sense to you, it's because you don't understand the question. The question is "What is six times nine?"

The only way any of this works out is if '42' is in base 13. (4*13+2=6*9)

daestrom In memory of Douglas Adams

Reply to
daestrom

'So long, and thanks for all the fish' :)

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Reply to

--
Thank you, that's very kind. :-)

JF
Reply to
John Fields

motor

slightly

And as the sun sinks slowly into the west, we bid a fond farewell to the great engineers of the past. It was a dark and stormy night, ......

I know some pretty amazing ones, so the breed is far from dead.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

--- No, the distal phalanges of my fingers and toes, plus one other appendage. ;)

Interestingly, Indians from India count on their fingers using all of their phalanges in sequence, like this:

Proximal Phalange Intermediate Phalange Distal Phalange

--------------------------------+-----------------------+-------------- Little Finger 1 2 3 Ring Finger 4 5 6 Middle Finger 7 8 9 Index Finger 10 11 12

So, by using both hands, they can count up to 144 on their fingers.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Ghoti?

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

--
laugh  women nation ;)
   --   -      --

JF
Reply to
John Fields

flywheel to

motor

slightly

I'd bet all hold degrees that are more than ten years old, and come from educational paradigms that are a far cry from what takes place in today's classrooms.

Kids these days are lucky. What should really happen is that they all get forced to use a slide rule for the entire first year of secondary school. Get a feel for the numbers, as it were.

Reply to
lurch