USB chargers, anyone ?

You've lost me.

A Windows or Mac program knows nothing about the interface used by a mouse or keyboard. It doesn't even "see" the device! The operating system sends the program messages with keyboard data or mouse positions.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

To trick the device into believing that it's connected to a PC. You need this trick to charge devices like the iPod Touch!

   @~@   Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 17 i686)  Linux 3.5.3-1.fc17.i686
   ^ ^   21:57:01 up 2:30 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???!
????? (CSSA):
Man-wai Chang

that's what I have. The same scanner has USB and SCSI. ONly the SCSI part works with no fuss.

Ok so HVD and anything else isn't compatible. The rest are.

your sad little computer fire has nothing to do with USB sucking ass.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

What is your fascination with sucking ass?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're the flamer with the burning SCSI cables, not me.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

That pretty much seems to cover the initial question. Thanks for the link

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Yawn... Another lame strawman.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I once melted a SCSI cable by installing it "one off", thereby grounding the B+. Fortunately, the computer wasn't damaged.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Most computers have no fuse, outside the power supply so the full output on the +5 volt rail is available. I sold a used XT computer years ago. the guy got it home & fired it up. The keyboard cable caught fire, and melted the +5 volt line all the way from the five pin DIN connector to the strain relief on the keyboard.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

any non-4th rate motherboard even going back to the XT days had a fused keyboard jack.

check out this gem of a motherboard

Cydrome Leader

And the code is far worse, I'm told. There's a reason why Firewire does so much better than USB2 at moving lots of data....

But I agree it is a great success at the universal aspect....

David Lesher