UPDATE: ALTERNATE, Seeking Old Overlay for Quantum Hard Disk Drive

Hi,

Thanks to Franc Zabkar for the information and the link he provided:

I downloaded "Disk Manager" V5.22 for Dos. This is a self-extracting file. Then I copied all the files onto a floppy, less "DMD522.EXE" of course. DM gave me the option (one of two) to create two partitions, one for 520M (apx) and the remainder in the second partition. All went very well. DM is very user friendly. Now I have two logical drives, "C:" and "D:" and no wasted space.

Also, thanks to everyone else for your suggestions.

Brad

PS, My previous post/s:

ALTERNATE:

I will settle for access to the sec>Hi,

> I have a portable Compaq 386 computer I use for data logging. >It uses a standard size HDD. Before I removed a Quantum 750M >HDD from an old desktop PC, I partitioned it with two partitions, one >520M and the remainder was used for the second partition. Each >partition was formatted and a MSDos 6.2 OS installed. Of course, >the 520M partition is the "active" partition. I removed the HDD and >installed it in the 386 computer. The BIOS cannot "see" the second >partition. I have searched the web for older overlays, but I couldn't find >any. Note: A new overlay will not "run" in this old 386 computer. > > Thanks in advance, Brad > > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad