Trying to match small AC transformer - 240V primary 12.8V secondary

I've not had cause to use them for audio parts, but their computer side is one of the worst I've ever come across and put me off them as a company.

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Give it up and walk away with a bit of dignity, you poor sad medicated fool. You had a pop at me once before on a different group, and eventually came off worst. Perhaps I am the scum of the planet, and if that's what you believe, then by all means, carry on calling me it - I really don't care, but with each increasingly pathetic post, which follows in your normal pattern of first unleashing an unwarranted tirade of filth, you make yourself look less and less credible.

Having read your posts in your more lucid moments, I don't doubt that you have technical expertise, but any respect that you might build up for yourself in the on-line electronics service community in between 'episodes', is immediately blown again when those deformed neurons in your addled brain, start firing randomly again.

I don't care if you disagree with something I post, and it's fine to say so - it's what debate amongst SANE people is about, but when you start in this way, you are just out of line. *I* certainly don't want to see it on here, and I'm sure that most other regulars don't. Using the ultra foul language that you do, in the extremely angry way that you do, might be the norm in the community that you live in, but don't inflict it on internet newsgroups, where there are likely to be much more sensitive souls than me, and worse, children reading it.

Now go and take your meds, and if you don't have meds to control this behaviour, I would STRONGLY recommend that you go and get some professional help before you do something a lot more serious than abusing the pivileges that you ISP provides you with ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Dave Plowman (News)"

** Excellent idea.

Then I can get stuck into this despicable, gutless pile of pommy excrement with no interference.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

**Your lack of local knowledge is duly noted. Matthew posts from Australia. The local Yamaha distributor provides an excellent backup for their products.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I would highly recommend killfiling him also, my enjoyment of the group went up considerably after doing so, and as a bonus, I do get to see pieces of his inane posts but only when much more sane people are 'replying' to him! :-)

-- Cheers,

Marc

  • My email address requires the identical words and
  • underscores removed to email me
Reply to
Marc

very small 50/60Hz transformers can be a right pain, as the wire gauge is so damn fine. Its extremely hard NOT to slightly damage, say, 44AWG magnet wire when winding such a transformer.

Low power transformers must have extremely high magnetising inductance AND low volume, so require silly numbers of turns of astonishingly (vanishingly more like) fine wire.

One I used in an OEM UPS' had, IIRC, 11,000 primary turns, of (again, IIRC) 44AWG. Now 41AWG is about 0.09mm outer diameter; 11k turns is thus around 70mm^2, ie 8.4 x 8.4mm, which is about the cross-sectional area ISTR for the primary winding.

And we had quite a bit of trouble with those - although they were made in Mexico, for a very low price - all of which was related to the termination.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

**Again: The Yamaha distributor in Australia is pretty good.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Is there just the one for all Yamaha products? In the UK I found the one which dealt with their pro audio fine but not the one for computer stuff. It was some time ago when CDW was newish and expensive. But I've got a long memory. ;-)

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

**Yep. Hi fi, computer and instruments. One big company. Japanese owned. Good service and reasonable prices.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au