Travel-Sat Dometic Model 40J6.5 Dish Positioner

Travel-Sat Dometic Model 40J6.5

Anyone recognize this brand/model?

I need to know how the drive limits are programmed. It's an older unit, with az-el 12 volt motors and a control box that computes the satellite location with the heading of the parked RV. The roof unit uses two pots for servos, no limit switches. I need preliminary data for setting this thing up so that it is aligned properly; pots calibrated to default positions, and programming correctly set to default - correct base values, if possible. Entering the information required for programming sat locations and directional heading is easy, but the system is out of calibration. It will halt, telling me it's moved out of range, or will blindly overrun the gear boundaries. Tried various set points for the servo pots, beginning from a parked position, ect, won't change the fact that it travels an insufficient range - set points are too limited. Mechanically it's in good shape, wires, connections, and pots are okay. I still can't rule out the controller being defective, and that depends upon whether or not I can aquire more information.

Reply to
beeon