Terminologies used in oscilloscope performance testing/calibration

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me either via explanation or by referring me to a proper site to understand more about this issue :

  1. What is the difference between the term frequency response and bandwidth in term of testing/calibration oscilloscopes?

Some UUT manuals refer to the term as frequency response, whereas some call it bandwidth. Is it the same thing? While the standard reference manual call it frequency response.

  1. What does it mean by pulse, rise time, trigger sensitivity? Do they necessarily means the same thing?

I highly appreciate any helps or reference on this matter.

Thank you, Nadhra

Reply to
nadhra

Yes.

There should be a picture in your operator's manual.

The amplitude point on the waveform where the sweep is started. This should also be explained in your operator's manual.

Not even close.

JeffM