TDS 220 Backlight Question

We have a TDS 220, S/N B070664, with a very dim backlight.  It seems
stable, just very dim.  The inverter measures 201VAC w/ the backlight
connected, 205V without.  Is it safe to assume the tube is bad?
Tektronix charges $73.00 for the part now, as they no longer sell only
the tube (P/N 119-5585-00), it apparently now comes with the whole
plastic assembly (P/N 199-4991-11).  Is there anywhere to still buy
just the tube?  It lists the Mfr p/n for the tube as LM0F2964, MFG is
LF2569 (Sharp Corporation).  Thanks for all help,

Steve

Re: TDS 220 Backlight Question

Just speculating, but it may be that the assembly is an overall
upgraded backlight. The TDS220 I have at home still works beautifully
but one at (a prior) lab that I used was quite dim from the start.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: TDS 220 Backlight Question

I think you might be right.  I bought a new tube from the local shop,
just a generic tube of the same dimentions, and it's the same
brightness.  Looks like it just might be a dim unit.

Thaks for all the replies,
Steve

Re: TDS 220 Backlight Question

Probably the tube. There's lots of places that sell CCFL tubes in various
sizes and color temperatures, they're cheap. Just look up LCD backlight
replacement.

Re: TDS 220 Backlight Question

Here's one that keeps quite a range. Might be worth giving them a call to
see if they can cross ref your type number

http://www.lcdparts.net/CCFL1.aspx

Arfa

Site Timeline