Suggestions Replacing P4 CPU Heat Sink Retainer?

Hi Doug,

"...on my p.c. the original retainer clips had nothing to latch on to,as the plastic `slots` on heatsink base had broken off." I have same problem.

"I made up =A0`L` =A0shaped brackets 25mm.by 25mm with 6mm hole drilled each end,removed 4 screws and lifted off heatsink base,slid homebrew clips under the base, refit h.sink base with the screws passing thru` the holes in the homemade clips.This now gave the original spring clamps somewhere to hook on to ! =A0 =A0Hope you can follow this Ken =A0! Am not sure how to include a piccy with this post, or would have taken snap with digi.cam. =A0 Still learning here ! !" Me too!! but photos do help!!

"Most frequently just plop a photo on someplace like photobucket and give a link. Pick a place that has rules you like." How does that sound to you?

Thanks again for all your help!

Ken

Reply to
KenO

In article , KenO writes

it doesn't have to be a Dell one. They're all the same, there's thousands of them on ebay for pennies apiece.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

I read and comprehend just fine. While you slept you machine still took hours to render the mpeg video. My point wasn't virtual performance based on one's perception. And that fine with me. Not trying to tell you what equipment to use or how to use it I merely mentioned the actual performance of newer equipment.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Reply to

ps"

ups

Ok, point noted ! always ready to learn. thanks Doug

Reply to
doug

Hi Mike,

"it doesn't have to be a Dell one. =A0They're all the same, there's thousands of them on ebay for pennies apiece" Agree

Did a quick search and found a few different types for the P4

FUGF5godcCYqyg

As previously mentioned, am not impressed with the plastic ones so will try to repair my old one.

Hope a others who have successfully repaired their broken Intel P4 Heatsink Retention Modules will upload these photos.

Thanks

Ken

Reply to
KenO

As you can see (Or should be able to. I'm not sure about Google Groups) from the header of this message, I use Flicker

Michael A. Terrell