Straightening tube/valve pins

Sounds like something Sylvester the Cat would say (or try to). I'd like to hear an audio clip of this word spoken; how about a wav file? (Linus Torvald's pronunciation of 'linux' is still floating around the 'Net).

Michael

Reply to
msg

I could never find out what an interocitor was, appearing in sci-films of yore. Now older and wiser I know it is Mcguffin-like as was Spike Milligan's cans of Snibbo.

N_Cook

"Stand back... Further, please..."

It's from "This Island Earth", a silly film with a few nice moments. Rex Reason makes a good alien. ("Mozart? Ah, yes... Your composer.")

In the animated version of "The Coneheads", Beldar communicates with the home world using an interocitor.

Note how the poster anticipates the "Forbidden Planet" poster.

I've only read part of the original novel, which appeared to be (surprise!) superior to the movie. The upcoming remake will hopefully be a significant improvement.

William Sommerwerck

(surprise!)

I'm sure an interociter made a mention in "Plan 9 from outer Space" as well. A classic film of its type.

N_Cook

Hi - posth - foss - fick - ayta The "th" is soft like in "the" or "that"

Easy, huh ?? ;-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

On 1/17/2009 5:32 PM Arfa Daily spake thus:

The last company I worked for (mfr. of tape/disc conversion systems), we used to say that one of the great features of our products was "maximum byte separation".

--
  "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson
Reply to
David Nebenzahl