Spec USB connectors

The unit had a plug that looks kinda like a house (like a pentagon with the top lopped off) and a white square thing in the center not quite sticking out.

Am I right that it is a USB B female and I need a USB B male cable?

I want to conntect this with a centronix (ie that has the contacts like studs on a toungue) on the unit

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

How are you going to connect the two? USB is high speed serial while Centronics is parallel, with handshaking. You can buy a ready made interface for a couple dollars:

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, that's what I was planning.. but I wanted to know how to spec the USB part. It isn't like the stuff on a flash drive. It's on the back of a printer.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

What color is the unit? Is it aligned vertically, at an angle or horizontal? What's the relative humidity? Does the serial number end in Z?

--
Adrian C
Reply to