Sony Playstation model:SCPH-7501 no laser spin

Sony Playstation model:SCPH-7501,motherboard style model:PU-22,year:Dec

1998,Shows Sony logo screen and reverts to audio menu but laser does not spin as PS601=

CCP2E20=2.0 amp surface mount IC protector (pico fuse)

according to printing on the pcb can also use:

ICP-S1.0=1.0 amo surface mount IC protector (pico fuse)

is open when I replaced it, it blew again.I shorted PS601 and noticed the cd spindle motor would spin and laser would read but IC722=BA5777FP=smt motor driver IC would get hot in 5 seconds.

I disconnected the CD laser pickup assembly and powered up the spindle motor and slave track motors on my power supply but I could not find dead spots.Anyone know if the spindle motor is the culprit? or have any common repair tips?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

sidneybek

Repair tip: If a fuse blows, you replace it and it blows again, so you decide to short it, you should find a new line of work. You're likely to irreperably damage your Playstation if you haven't done so already. If you try that on a high amperage circuit you're likely to fry the circuit, and possibly receive an electric shock or burn, and possibly burn down your house.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

On 22 Jan 2007 07:24:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

Playstation motors (RF300) are available over here for AU$9. That's about US$7.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I have been repairing consumer electronics for the past 12 years after taking a 2 year electronics repair course at a community college and I spent lots of time helping techs on the 60 or so repair sites mainly for USA & Canadian techs.You should of known I am a tech there was no need for that statement.

Sidney E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

Yikes......

Reply to