Sherwood S-8300Cp receiver help

I have posted a copy of the schematic at

\\Sherwood S-8300Cp receiver schematic.pdf for anyone that is interesting in offering an opinion.

I agreed to look at this receiver for friends of ours. Short version - she said it didn't work. I said to check fuses, she did and found the external speaker fuses blown. Replacing them didn't fix the problem.

Ok, I opened it and found that Q710R, one of the main outputs is shorted. And Q706R & Q704R are both missing part of their housing, as in probably exploded out due to overcurrent.

My question is this. Based on your experience, what else should I be checking? I ask because I hate to miss changing something due to lack of experience, but I also hate to just shotgun everything in that output area. I figured that I should probably replace all 4 of the outputs even though they are not shorted. I will check ESR on the electrolytics. What about the transistors 708 & 709 feeding the outputs? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Oh, for those interested, on that web site I also have pictures of an old stand-up radio that I acquired. At this point it's in my garage, but hopefully some day I will have the time to restore it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany