Sanyo ds27930 picture squashed

My Sanyo ds27930 27" TV has a problem with video.The picture is sqeezed down to a stripe about 5 inches high.Black above and below.You can see snow and the menu words , but they are all on top of each other.I don't have the remote and when I try to get it on to the menu to switch it to "line in" , I can't see through the garbage .Poked around , checked for bad solder joints....and found noneAny help on my next direction is needed and appreciated.

Thanks ,

Alex.

Reply to
alexmeboy

Vertical circuit problem. Probably bad capacitors in the vertical output or solder connection problems to the ic. Check the capacitors with an ESR meter or jump them out to find the bad one.

Reply to
dkuhajda