Running at half the voltage

** Drop dead, you pig ignorant LYING TROLL
Reply to
Phil Allison

Repeating your lies will get you nowhere, Phyllis.

Reply to
krw

Maybe into a few more kill filters.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
** Drop dead, you pig ignorant LYING TROLL
Reply to
Phil Allison

Am 11.12.2012 13:47, schrieb john stone:

it should work properly. Sure it's darker, but this may be ok for cristmas decoration. Your lamp lives longer running with lower voltage.

Greets and happy holidays.

Reply to
DG5VE

My Phyllis, you're such a sweetie. I bet you say that to all the guys.

Reply to
krw

--
"My Phyllis"???

Hmm...

That missing comma is quite telling.
Reply to
John Fields

Consider theatrical halogen lamps, anything from 500 watts to 2000 watts run at anywhere between 3% and 100%, tho it's rare for some instruments to ever be run at full stick for any length of time, some lamps can be at less than full voltage for hours on end.

The lamps last just fine ( I have some which have been in service for 10 years or more (HPL575)) When they do fail, they usually develop a hot spot and the glass fails. They are rarely blackened tho sometimes there is a white coating as a result of (presumably) the air getting in.

Peace and Harmony Ron

Reply to
Ron Johnson

"Ron Johnson"

** Plus the BILLIONS of 12V QI downlights that use dimmers at any setting the owners like.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison