Roland micro cube

How to get into the box? the bigger ones are easy in comparison. Such a litle thing putting up such a fight. I've removed the speaker to have a look inside and all I can assume is that it is just very strong metal/wood glue locking the top panel part into the woodwork. The rear section is loose of this L section panel but locked in place by the top section.

Where and how to break this bond ? or something I've missed altogether ?

N_Cook

Its that double sided glued foam stuff, large areas of it around the 3 sides of the top section.. Eventually gained enough confidence to push a blade into the 3 to prize apart.

N_Cook

es

What kind of glue will you use to push/put it back together? Some of the glues dissolve the foam stuff.

Bob Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

sides

on

What kind of glue will you use to push/put it back together? Some of the glues dissolve the foam stuff.

Bob Hofmann

Probably nothing, the panel is held to the wood carcase by about 8 large bolts and the foam must just be there for hermeticness , if thats a word and anti-rattle. Speaker is just 4 inches diameter , about 6W powered by a tiny surface mount IC with no added heatsinking so hardly acoustically significant front/back leakage I'd have thought. This is a tiny thing , only 9x8 x 6.5 inches overall.

N_Cook