Replaced laser, ....I don't get it.

Replaced laser pick up, error 11 ???? Pioneer DEH-2400

I don't get it. I pulled the working pick up out of this one to fix another deck (same model) Then, I ordered a new pick up and when it arrived I installed it. Now, the disc spins, sled moves to center position and laser makes 2 attempts to read, then displays error 11.

Pioneer DEH-2400 I need some feedback here.

yours truely, tired and frustrated

Reply to
TA7205

Check for a solder blob or jumper that needs to be removed.

However, some/many/most? Pioneer pickups do not come adjusted when new.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Check to see if there is a shorting solder jumper or blob, to protect the laser during shipping.

When installing, the calibration procedure must be done. You will need the calibration CD, DVM, and a scope to properly do the job. Refere to the service manual for details.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.