Reparing a AA Duracel Flashlight

I have a common Duracell flashlight that uses two AA batteries. One of the two orange buttons on either side that hold the battery and lens compartments section together is broken off. Anyone got a clever idea how to repair it short of using tape or replacing the flashlight?

--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

                        Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

Hot melt glue gun

Reply to
Ron(UK)

--
                          Wayne Watson (Nevada City, CA)

                        Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

You should buy one, it`s one of those tools that you`ll wonder how you managed without.

Ron

btw Please put replies at the bottom of the text

Reply to
Ron(UK)

JB Weld.

Reply to
PeterD

Epoxy.

Goop, maybe.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Just buy one, they're dirt cheap and have all sorts of uses. I found mine years ago sitting next to the trash dumpster at the apartment complex I lived in, I use it all the time.

Reply to
James Sweet

I kept the first AA Maglite I bought for something like ten years, despite the fact that I 'tried' to close the car door on it the day I bought it. I finally lost it, but had several more by then.

These days one of them soldiers on, with a $5 LED conversion. Unless I let batteries corrode inside, it should last forever...works for about

90% of what I need a flashlight for.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I need a glue gun. What dumpster was that?

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm