Repair Oral B 3D Pulsating Toothbrush

In message , William Sommerwerck writes

I know that mine survived the 'disposal' procedure for dead batteries because I opened it to see why the motor was whizzing around but the brush wasn't oscillating. The reason was that the shaft connecting to brush to the 'gearbox' was broken and rusty. The battery was fine, indeed, it replaced the failing one in my beard trimmer.

--
Clint Sharp
Reply to

My OralB electric toothbrush has been operating flawlessly for about 10 years. I've no direct knowledge of the battery type inside, but I assume that it is a NiCad. Every 6 months or so I fully discharge the battery and recharge a couple of times. To discharge it, I just turn it on, set on the countertop and let it run until it slows significantly.

Nothing lasts forever, but with proper care, it can provide good value. I've no gripes about my OralB electric. And when it dies for good, I'll likely get another OralB.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don\'t get what you want
Reply to
DaveM

I had a delux rechargable model. It broke. For $15 you can buy the AA version and it works just as good or better. The old brushes will not work in the new one.

greg

Reply to
GregS