Repair AllInOne-Printer Philips/Sagem Crystal 660

Hello folks, I've already posted my question in comp.periphs.printers but no one answered. You can read it below. In short: I've got an All-In-One Printer by Sagem, labeled to be a "Philips Crystal 660". It doesn't react to anything, just some LEDs are glowing whe the power cord is plugged in - the display remains black, and as a USB device it isn't recognized.

Do you have some hint for me what could be broken and how to fix it? Best regards

--Jonathan Biegert

Original Post to comp.periphs.printers

Hello folks, > > I got a printer-photo-scanner-fax-combo labeled Philips Crystal 660 > which seems to be broken: When I plug in the power cord, three LEDs on > the control panel start glowing, but nothing else happens and the device > doesn't react to any keypresses. The LEDs are the blue one around the > "Crystal Image" button, the red one with the warning sign and the green > one right to the display which seems to indicate 'power on' but is not > mentioned in the manual. > > The previous owner has bought a lot of original refill cartridges ("for > Crystal 600 series"), both colour and black, and in most of them there > was a document which stated one should update the firmware with a new > one from (the reason is written there). > These cartridges should only be used with the new firmware. > I'm rather sure the previous owner has ignored these instructions, > perhaps that's the reason for the printer being broken. > > I've tried both types of cartridges, it didn't change. I went to the > mentioned website, it said my model should be updated, I downloaded the > new firmware, but to flash it into the device I should connect the > printer via USB to a computer, which didn't work: The Computer didn't > notice the printer was connected. > > Has anyone already had that problem? And perhaps a solution? > Best regards > --Jonathan Biegert
Reply to
Jonathan Biegert