Re: taking apart an old oscilloscope - danger?

It's not dangerous, but there are those of us who think gutting a Tek scope is sacrilege. Even if they don't work, they are rarely beyond repair. Gut an RCA or Eico scope.

hey, i have gotten an old (1950's) tektronix type 310 scope that i want to > gut and use for a pc case. i don't want to kill myself, so is there > anything i need to do or be aware of? It does not work and has not been > used for at least 20 yrs, so would components still be carrying a charge > and if so what do i do about them. as it is not working, keeping parts > intact is not an issue... > > i've attached a few pics > > thanks for any advice. > > > >
Reply to
mc

It's sacrilege indeed! I have a 549 storage scope, just a few models up. still works like a charm and still the single most useful piece of test equipment I have

Reply to
Mark Fortune

I second that! Where are you located? What do you want for the scope? hhhhh - don't part it out, that would be a crime. And to put a PC (piece of crap) in it, ahhhhhh! The humanity!! regards, tom

Reply to
t.hoehler