RCA PTK169 chassis repair help

I have a CTC169PGA chassis that died suddenly. I replaced the chopper tran sistor (Q4101) and regulator IC (U4101). When in standby, I am getting 14-

15 volts on CR4118 but nothing on CR4116 (B+). Does this mean the supply is working and there is a short on this line (HV splitter maybe or CR4116 bad )? Or could this still be a power supply issue?

Jack

Reply to
jackjohnson2244

Sounds like 4116 is open. The old 243646. I use the same diode for 4118 actually.

That power supply operates in like a "burst" mode when turned off. It will not go into "run" mode without horizontal drive.

The rectifiers can check good on an ohmmeter and be bad.

Reply to
jurb6006