RCA ChipperCheck, and No Parallel Port to hook to?

I bought a new Laptop last year, and it doesn't have a Parallel Port, wasn't even an option for a add-on. So I couldn't use the old ChipperCheck I had.

So I spent the $190 for the new ChipperCheck II, thinking it would be compatible with USB. No such Luck. So I bought a PCMCIA to Parallel Adaptor, and configured it to LPT1with a I/O address of 0378, it looks like it should work, but the ChipperCheck software does not see it. I get the error message " Nonexitent Port in Chipper.INI" But it points to LPT1.

Does anyone have any Ideas?, or has anyone else tried to use the software with an adaptor like this?

Thanks Mike..

Reply to
Mike

I bought a USB hub on eBay with a parallel port but it warns that it won't work bidirectionally. I suspect you'll need a laptop with a bidirectional parallel port.

NSM

Reply to
Art