Rank Murphy MC6301 Z718C CTV

Got an old Murphy MC6301 CTV set, (Rank Z718C chassis) with power supply problems.

First can anyone tell me roughly when these were produced.

Second, anyone have circuit info for the power supply section? Main cap ratings now obscured, and the choke / transformer configuration is not obvious. The degauss posistor & rectifiers are all OK.

--
Paul
Reply to

I used to have a circuit for one of these, I will have a look for for it - although I fear that it is now lost. As far as I can recall, these were produced in the late seventies, early eighties, and I worked on a lot of them - but I can't remember too much about them now. I do recall that they had a strange start-up circuit - which was a bit 'chicken and egg' - and you could make an important test by overriding it with a resistor (I think 47k).

Reply to
Barney