PVM-14m4u pincushioning

My Sony PVM-14M4U has recently started tearing horizontally most noticeably along the edges of the raster. When I put it in the underscan mode, the image displays with severe pincushioning. I'm also seeing the retrace lines at the top of the raster in all 3 colors. The monitor is 10 years old and has been rock solid until now. Is it just in need of adjustment? Could this have resulted from the placement of near field audio monitors too close to the Sony? They speakers have been there a year and I have never seen any magnetic type of distortion on the pictures, so I have assumed the Roland DM-10s are shielded well enough to not do any harm. Thanks for any insight you may have.

-dan

Reply to
videdit

I have repaired a number of these units...great unit! You will need one, or two small electrolytic capacitors in the vertical circuit, buy the IC, also, look for a square, or round capacitor, or diode, in the pincushion circuit. Don't "tweak" the EEPROM, until you do the "electronics" repair. It shouldn't need tweaking anyway! Dani.

Reply to
Dani

videdit via ElectronicsKB.com

ElectronicsKB.comhttp://www.electronicskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/repair/200710/1

Ditto on the caps ..... Been there, done it.......

Reply to
carneyke