PM 3055 scopes do not power up

Someone asked me about these oscilloscopes. Apparently he has a dozen of them that do not power up. No display or backlight on the LCD. Yes, AC power is set correctly. I haven't seen them so don't really have any more info.

Anything common with these?

Thanks!

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

Should have mentioned that these are Philips analog scopes in case the model is ambiguous.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

It appears the schematic can be found here. NOTE: Three parts.

PlainBill

Reply to
PlainBill47

Electrolytics, almost always on these, throughout the PSU, input attenuator board, XYZ board. Usually all will need replacing, can total

30-40 caps. Tedious job for a 50/60MHz scope. Couple of unavailable IC's in the preamplifier fail regularly causing offset traces. Backlights usually fail on the LCD but you won't know until you get the scope up and running, its just a mini filament lamp, available from

JC

Reply to
Archon

Yes, thanks, I had already found that. Unfortunately, I don't have them in my possession and I doubt that the person who does would be able to do any serious troubleshooting.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

Thanks! That's exactly the type of information I was looking for. The owner won't be happy.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: